Tour Schedule (Eastern Time)
10:00-10:30 AM | 2:00-2:30 PM: Arrival: we will greet you on the driveway that leads into camp and help you find parking.
10:30-12:00 PM | 2:30-4:00 PM: Hike main camp: tour the unit where our youngest campers sleep (Romany) and see several of our program areas and popular landmarks around camp.
12:00-12:30 PM | 4:00-4:30 PM: Q&A with the directors while we make s'mores around the campfire!
Interested in more than just a tour?
The Spring Tour takes place on the Saturday of our popular Parent-Daughter Weekend. If you would like to do more than just see the tents and main buildings, consider joining us for the entire weekend! Parent-Daughter Weekend participants get to sleep in a tent, eat in the dining hall, swim at the swimming hole (weather permitting), and try activities at four program areas: archery, canoeing, climbing wall, and crafts. The cost is just $75/person.
Things to remember about the Spring Tour...
- A camp representative will be ready to start greeting guests 30 minutes before the tour starts (10:00 AM for the morning tour, and 2:00 PM for the afternoon tour). Please try not to arrive earlier.
- Spring weather on the mountain varies from sunny and warm to cold and rainy, so check the forecast and dress accordingly! In the case of rain, we will still hike around camp (and have a great time!) as long as there is no lightening, so come prepared with rain coats and water-proof boots!
- Camp terrain is fairly rugged, so we recommend wearing sturdy, closed-toe shoes appropriate for walking/hiking.
- We are a girls' camp, but of course dads and brothers are welcome on the tour! For babies and toddlers, a carrier or hiking backpack would probably be best, but a jogging stroller should work for most of the tour.
- Pets are not permitted on the tour.
- Although CJL operates on Central Time during the summer, all of our year-round events operate on Eastern Time.
- If you are not able to attend the tour, let us know as soon as possible in case we have families on the wait list.
Spend the Day on Lookout Mountain!
Before or after the tour, explore Lookout Mountain! Here's a list of our Top 5 Favorite Places Near CJL:
- Eat and shop for local art in Mentone, AL (we love the Wildflower Cafe): only 10-15 minutes from CJL
- Visit DeSoto State Park, AL: only 20 minutes from CJL
- Tour Paradise Gardens, folk artist Howard Finster's restored home, in Summerville, GA: only 25 minutes from CJL
- Visit Cloudland Canyon State Park, GA: only 30 minutes from CJL
- See Rock City near Chattanooga, TN: only 45 minutes from CJL
We look forward to seeing you at the Spring Tour! If you have any questions, please contact the camp office at email@example.com.